I’ve been blogging for a little while now, two years this month to be exact. In the beginning it wasn’t something I took too seriously and didn’t intend for it to make an impact on my life. I was just looking for a creative outlet. I had no idea it would end up being so much more. With that said here are the 10 things I’d tell myself when I started blogging.
1. It can be so much more than a hobby. When I first started blogging I looked at it as a hobby and nothing more. Now it is more than I imagined it would be.
2. Take the time to put out something people will want to see. Care about your readers because that is how relationships are made.
3. Things will be off to a slow start and you may not think so but eventually the readers will come.
4. Friends and family may not understand what you do but that’s ok. It may not be for them to understand.
5. Tell everyone what you do. Promote yourself, that is what brings people to your blog. There is nothing wrong with talking about what you do.
6. Post on a consistent basis so readers know when to come back. Not everyone is going to sign up for reminder emails.
7. Blogging is going to be time consuming. It may take hours or even days to get a post just right.
8. You’re going to have to spend some money to get your blog just the way you want it. Blog design, logo, domain name etc.
9. You’ll have days you just want to stop. Don’t stop just take a short break or a vacation. When you come back you’ll have fresh ideas and ready for anything!
10. Don’t give up. Success doesn’t come overnight. Take the time to nurture your blog.