We may be 4 days into the New Year but in my mind I haven’t officially welcomed 2016 until today. Not that I’ve got anything against the new year or that last year was so amazing I struggled to let it go. It’s just that I’ve been laid up in my house since New Year’s eve just relaxing and hanging out with my family. The only time I did leave was to make a mad dash to the mall for some new board games and to the corner store for alcoholic beverages because games and drinks just go together.
I don’t make new years resolutions… not anymore anyway. They just seem so daunting. Constantly trying to achieve something just because it’s the trend and then failing miserably because I came up with a list of things I think I should be doing and really have little to no interest in.
No I don’t make resolutions, I make goals… like a boss lol
I have a list of things that I constantly add on to when I feel it is something I can do to make me a better person or to improve my way of life. It’s not a list that I start on January 1st. It’s one I started a long time ago and just kind of revisit it during the new year just to see where I’m at with things or what needs to be changed.
The things on it are goals I have for my business, my family, health and other people in my life. Not everything is to be shared with everyone but I will happily share a few of my goals for 2016 and beyond…
1. Take time to do things for myself. Whether that be going to get a mani pedi, buying myself something nice, taking a bubble bath or having that second glass of wine.
2. Go on vacation with my family. Since we live in Florida as of 2 ½ years ago random outings can feel like a vacation. Especially since where we used to live we had to drive 6 hours to the closest beach and that was considered a vacation.
3. Make time for new friends. I’ve been fortunate enough to go from not knowing anyone here to meeting some of the most wonderful, stylish women and I really would like to nurture those new relationships. After all Carrie would have been nowhere without her girls.
4. Stop making time for negativity. Sometimes you can’t avoid it. It’s on TV; the news on my time line and some times that negativity comes in the form of a phone call. I need to just learn to tune it out, turn it off or change the conversation.
5. When it comes to my businesses I need to promote myself more and just put myself out there. I’ll never get ahead being shy and hiding.
I’ve got more goals and plans but I’ll save those for my vision board. If you don’t have one I recommend you make one. Having your goals in front of you helps you to visualize them and work towards them on a daily basis.
Whether you make new years resolutions, set goals or make plans I hope 2016 is your best year yet!